Effective Date: 1 April 2016
Your personal information will be retained by AbbVie for as long as necessary to fulfil the specified purpose explained on the Website and for AbbVie to comply with any applicable legal obligation.
There are two types of personal information for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
"Personal Data" means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by the Website and maintained by AbbVie in an accessible form. Examples of Personal Information include your name, your postal address, your email address and your telephone number.
"Sensitive Personal Data" means data including, but not limited to: your ethnic origin, your religious beliefs, your physical or mental health condition, your sexual orientation each referred to separately as "Personal Data" or "Sensitive Personal Data" and collectively as "Personal Information".
What types of information does AbbVie collect online?
• Personal Information You Submit: AbbVie collects Personal Information that you enter into data fields on the Website. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, email address, and/or other information in order to receive information about various subjects, register for AbbVie programmes, contact AbbVie customer service, or respond to AbbVie surveys. To protect your privacy, you should not provide AbbVie with any information that is not specifically requested.
• Passive Collection of Unidentifiable Technical and Web Browsing Information:The Website may collect information about your visits to the Website without you actively submitting such information. This information may include, for example, your browser type and language, your operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the URLs of websites you visited before and after visiting the Website, the web search that landed you on the Website, and web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the Website. This information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags, and web beacons. Your internet browser also automatically transmits some of this information to Websites, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the browser version your computer is operating. Please see the sections below for information on cookies.
Does AbbVie collect "Sensitive Personal Data"?
• AbbVie collects via some Websites, Sensitive Personal Data as described above. AbbVie shall adopt additional measures as required by local law for the processing of such information. Sensitive Personal Data will not be collected, transferred, stored or processed without your explicit consent.
How does AbbVie use Personal Information that I have provided?
• AbbVie will use the Personal Information you provide through the Website to respond to your questions and to provide you with an efficient service.
Will AbbVie combine Personal Information I provide on a Website with other personal information about me?
• AbbVie may combine the Personal Information that an individual provides on a Website with the Personal Information provided by that individual on other Websites.
• AbbVie may combine Personal Information that you provide to us online with our offline records.
• AbbVie may combine Personal Information that you have provided to us directly with records provided by third parties.
• AbbVie uses this consolidated information to help us better design our websites, AbbVie products, and to facilitate other business functions.